What is the Helena Citizens’ Council (HCC)?
The HCC is an elected body composed of four representatives from each of seven neighborhood districts. Established by City Charter, the HCC advises the City Commission.
There are openings to serve in an appointed position in both District 5 and District 6 thru 12-31-19. If you wish to join us please fill out the application
Candidate filing for an HCC position is now closed. It is possible to file as a write-in candidate for the general ballot. The deadline to file as a write-in candidate is 5pm on September 3rd. Write-in candidates’ names are not printed on the ballot. The write-in candidate filing form is available online
- Brings people together to work as a community to improve the quality of life in Helena
- Meets monthly to listen, learn and advise the city government on issues
- Acts as a liaison between the City and the residents of Helena
- Provides citizen representation on boards and committees
- Gathers and disseminates information about district and citywide issues
- Fosters civic involvement through programs, services and activities
Speak Your Mind!
The HCC would like to hear your ideas. Fill out the "What's on Your Mind?" Speaker Application Form, and you may be asked to present your ideas directly to the HCC.
The HCC will not meet in December.